Some people call it “passion”. We think “Madness” is cooler.
What’s the Madness all about anyway?
Eating good has never been a trend. In fact, it’s a way of life. For us, it’s teriyaki—a dish that’s been around since the dawn of time (we think).
At Teriyaki Madness, we’ve devoted ourselves to that way of life. On paper, we’re an Asian-inspired, fast-casual concept that serves made-to-order teriyaki bowls with fresh ingredients, house-made sauces and perfectly marinated and grilled meats.
In practice, we’re a company built on serving—customers, each other and our communities. We believe in our food, as well as making everyone involved in our company a success.
Over 100 shops open and opening 50 more this year
Listed on Entrepreneur Magazine’s Franchise 500
One of Fast Casual’s Top 100 Movers and Shakers
Meet the Executive team!
Our executive team has more than 184 years of restaurant management experience, even more if you include all business experience. And they don’t look a day over 100! They have worked for many concepts over the years like Pizza Hut, Boston Market, Quiznos, Smashburger, Maui Wowi, Pour La France!, Doc Popcorn, Chipotle, Native Foods Cafe, Carl’s Junior, McDonald’s, Portillo’s Hot Dogs, Noodles & Co., Schlotzsky’s, Moe’s Southwest Grill and the list goes on. Click or scroll over the photos to see the backstories behind the people that have made the Madness happen.
Chief Executive Officer
Learn more about Michael
Michael Haith’s role is to oversee Teriyaki Madness both at a corporate level and franchisee level. With almost 30 years of experience as a franchisee, franchisor, franchise investor and supplier, Michael has a unique perspective on what it takes to achieve success for entire franchise systems.
• Franchisee of Pour La France! Catering
• Managing partner of Maui Wowi Hawaiian Coffees and Smoothies.
• Founded Franchise Sherpas, an incubator and investment firm devoted to the partnership and development of emerging franchisors
• Chairman-Mentor at Maui Wowi Hawaiian Coffees & Smoothies, Franchise Sherpas, Doc Popcorn, Kidcreate, and Raintree Franchise Sales Agency
• Investor in start up franchises
• Owner of Teriyaki Madness
Chief Restaurant Officer
Learn more about Joe
Joe Gordon is responsible for maximizing both the TMAD and Restaurant Sherpas business models. He has more than 20 years of restaurant experience specializing in improving shop level profitability and facilitating rapid growth.
• Director of Supply Chain, Quality Assurance & Research &
Development at Portillo’s Hot Dogs
• National Director of Supplier Management at United Natural Foods
• Vice President of Supply Chain & Quality Assurance at Noodles & Company
Chief Operating Officer
Learn more about Erin
Erin Hicks provides the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that Teriyaki Madness has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures. She also ensures the correct people and systems are in place to effectively grow the organization and to guarantee financial strength and operating efficiency.
• Executive Vice President at Maui Wowi Hawaiian Coffees and Smoothies
• Owner of a sports bar & grill
Vice President of Franchise Relations
Learn more about Elizabeth
At TMAD, Elizabeth is responsible for developing and strengthening the communication between TMAD corporate and franchisees, as well as the communication within the franchise community and within the corporate community.
• Communications, Training & Guest Relations at Quiznos
• Consulting for Colorado Women’s College, Boston Market and Chic-fil-A.
• Middle school teacher
Vice President of Training, Operations & Restaurant Sherpas
Learn more about Kevin
Kevin is TMAD’s Vice President of Training, Operations & Restaurant Sherpas. He is responsible for all training programs, NSOs and all things operations. He has been in the restaurant business for 30+ years and has supported both Training and Operations. He spent 13 years at Smashburger before joining TMAD.
Chief Marketing Officer
Learn more about Jodi
Jodi Boyce’s role at TMAD includes overseeing the Marketing Team of five and touching anything related to the brand, including defining the brand voice, personality, supporting programs and overall national branding efforts.
• Vice President of Marketing at Smashburger
• Senior Director of Marketing at Quiznos
• Hotdogger and driver for Oscar Mayer Wienermobile
Vice President of Finance
Learn more about Joe
Joe Cohen brings 30 years of finance and operations leadership to TMAD. Joe is a firm believer of “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” and works with his team to provide TMAD with tools to make great business decisions!
• Senior Vice President of Safety-Kleen
• National Director of ADT
• President of Savory Spice
• President of Old School Burgers
Meet the rest of the team!