Your personal invitation to multi-unit franchising with the hottest brand going.
There’s a reason this page ended up in your hands—because your experience matches our ambitious vision to stoke the fires of TMAD. We’re not looking for just anyone to join the Teriyaki Takeover. We want to keep the momentum going with your knowledge of real estate, permitting, construction, marketing, and customer experience make it a no-brainer (although, you obviously have a brain. We don’t accept franchisees without one.)
A few facts about
(TMAD for short):
OMG=Oh my growth! 130+ locations across North America with 40+ more on the way by 2023.
Big numbers, small shops. Size matters: North of $1.10M* in inline strip centers.
33%* Stacked Same Shop Sales Growth
(2022 vs 2020)
WHERE THE MADNESS BEGAN
Who knew Seattle was more than just burnt coffee and grunge music? Michael Haith did. Teriyaki had been a mainstay of Seattle culture for decades. Michael bought a shop named Teriyaki Madness and brought the signature taste of Seattle to the masses. With every new shop opened, the brand has retained the same hometown feel, delicious made-to-order mentality and added some big-time innovation along the way. It’s like if Steve Jobs dabbled in teriyaki instead of computers.
- Always fresh, made when you order, and not a single second sooner. We’re Teriyaki Masters, not mind-readers.
- An amazing customer experience that makes the shops feel like ingrained parts of the community. It’s still local and independently owned.
- Tech that creates return customers through an amazing app, loyalty program, curbside pickup and more. Move over, Elon.
MADNESS IS A BIZ:
- Average Unit Volume: $1,105,186*
- Initial Investment $312,500–$731,260*
- 33%* Stacked Same Shop Sales Growth (2022 vs 2020)
With more than 130+ locations across North America, Canada and Mexico, and 40+ more opening by the end of 2023, TMAD continues to expand—and fast. Multi-unit franchisees continue to enter the door, and this is just the ground floor. (That was a rhyme that our copywriter snuck past everyone.)
* Refer to our Franchise Disclosure Document
More than 200 years of experience. Brand-new thinking.
The aggressive growth of TMAD is paired with an elite team of industry veterans who have built some of the largest concepts out there. They come from different cultures and brands, lending their experience and perspective to TMAD. Despite having more than two centuries of combined experience, they don’t look a day over 24.
Experience includes Boston Market, Quiznos, Smashburger, Maui Wowi Hawaiian Coffees and Smoothies, Pour La France!, Doc Popcorn, Noodles & Co., Jimmy John’s, Qdoba, HuHot Mongolian Grill, Hacienda Colorado, Chick-fil-A, Einstein Bros. Bagels, Arby’s, Which Wich, Village Inn, Baker’s Square, Starbucks., uBreakiFix, Kidcreate, Corepower Yoga, Camp Bow Wow, Homewatch Caregivers International, PostNet International, Elements Massage, Fitness Together, Handyman Matters, 7-Eleven, With a Twist Franchising, Aramark Higher Education Department and more.
We create elite experiences for our franchisees just like we do our customers. That includes world-class support that starts before you even open your shop. Find out how TMAD goes from tip to tail with our onboarding process.
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION
Our Real Estate Team has your back from day one; we understand location is the biggest decision you’ll make once joining the TMAD Family. They support you in it all, from pulling demographics and psychographics in your proposed territory to connecting you with the strongest, proven brokers in your local market. Each step of the physical presence of your shop is considered. Our team works with you to identify potential locations that will not only be successful, but also fit into the strategic needs of your overall portfolio. The team is always ready to fly to your market and complete a site tour, utilize their national relationships to your advantage, and generally cater to the level of support you need. Once your site is selected, we’ll be with you throughout the entire negotiation process from Letter of Intent to final lease execution.
DESIGN IS ALL IN THE DETAILS
An elite customer experience starts with looks. That’s why our Design Team jumps in to connect you with architects in the market or one of our existing partners. They’ll help you project manage the blueprint development and walk you through the permitting phase to ensure everything is to spec when you build.
Our Construction Team is a bunch of ninjas. No, but seriously. The next step in our process involves helping you choose one of our National General Contractors (or a local one, should you choose). We will initiate and validate your bids to help you find the place where quality meets budgets. Communicating with the Design Team, we project manage the whole operation ensure everything is on-point, to spec and we get your shop opened as quickly and efficiently as possible. We’ll schedule weekly calls with your Support Team and Contractor throughout the entire process.
TMAD 101: TRAINING, EDUCATION AND SUPPORT
Now it’s time to learn about all thing teriyaki before you flip the Open sign on your shiny new TMAD shop.
- Initial Training: Within 60-90 days of signing your Franchisee Agreement, you’ll receive preliminary training. You’ll get the inside scoop on our secret sauce with four days of classroom training in TMAD’s World HQ and Support Center in Denver, CO. This includes a deep dive into all channels of TMAD business including marketing, employee training, finance, supply chain and more.
- Hands-On Training: Hands-On Training (aka HOT) gives you a full rundown of how a TMAD Shop runs. This immersive session happens at our Flagship Corporate Shop in Denver, CO over 10 days
- Grand Opening Training: We will send 3 NSO’s (New Shop Openers) for your Grand Opening for 10-17 days. These NSO’s will help train your new staff of wok stars on how to provide elite customer service, work the POS, cook our signature TMAD bowls and get you prepped for the big day. They’ll stay a couple of days after your Grand Opening to make sure everything continues running smoothly. No, they don’t have to sleep on your couch.
THE SUPPORT DOESN’T STOP WHEN THE DOORS OPEN
- Business Coaches: We will get you a business coach (which is way better than that life coach you hired in college). This coach will assist you in driving efficiency and profitability. You two will become business BFFs and talk weekly, tapering to bi-weekly, monthly and annually to keep the fire burning. And just like our NSOs, they don’t have to live in your basement!
Marketing: We continue to get the word out to your community (and the WORLD) about TMAD. Part of that is assigning you your very own Local Shop Marketing Manager in your region that creates a 60-day Grand Opening Plan, social media ads, loyalty promotions, direct store marketing and so much more. That way, you can focus on what you do best—being good looking and running your business.
Don’t take it from us, hear what TMAD franchisees have to say!